Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TGN: Check on You...

Prayer: I love You LORD. Let the Word educate my mind, stir my heart and motivate my will to do all good works today and every day. I trust You and believe that the Word is not here to condemn me, but to transform me. So LORD, create in me a pure heart- so that I can serve You in all that I do. In Jesus' name. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
JESUS' MINISTRY IN GALILEE

Mark 3 v. 7-12 (NIV)

Crowds Follow Jesus

7 Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the lake, and a large crowd from Galilee followed. 8 When they heard all he was doing, many people came to him from Judea, Jerusalem, Idumea, and the regions across the Jordan and around Tyre and Sidon. 9 Because of the crowd he told his disciples to have a small boat ready for him, to keep the people from crowding him. 10 For he had healed many, so that those with diseases were pushing forward to touch him. 11 Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God." 12 But he gave them strict orders not to tell who he was.
------

While Jesus was drawing fire from the religious leaders, He was gaining great popularity among the people. Some were curious, some sought healing, some wanted evidence to use against Him, and others wanted to know if Jesus truly was the Messiah. Most of them could only dimly guess at the real meaning of what was happening among them.

Today crowds still follow Jesus, and they come for the same variety of reasons. I find it so interesting, that from the time of Adam and Eve to today, we, humans, have not really changed. It's time for s self-check. Check your motives, intentions; check your heart. Ask yourself:

-WHAT IS MY PRIMARY REASON FOR FOLLOWING JESUS?

*Do you even know?*

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Father, check my heart. You have chosen to give me birth through the Word of Truth; Jesus, that I might be a kind of firstfruits of all You created. I don't want to take this lightly. I desire to appreciate and use my life for Your glory. In Your loving compassion, don't let me live a life of deception. Let me live a life that is alert, pure and attentive to Your Spirit, who not only lives inside of me, but also walks beside me everywhere I go. Thank You for Your presence. In Jesus' name. Amen. --------------------------------------------------------------

"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, and Life Application Study Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com  "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment