Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Conquer the Thought Life

What do you often think about? Is it uplifting and edifying? Dark and dirty? Light and funny? Worried and anxious? Is it in the past, present or future? What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are all over the place. I'm easily distracted from what I'm doing in the present to think about something unnecessary. The only time I'm completely disciplined is only when I'm in the Word- and I'll admit, sometimes I get distracted there too.

So what is it that I have to do (and encourage all of you dealing with this issue)? We have to take authority of our thoughts. Our thoughts should bless God. Instead of thinking about sex, take authority to keep your mind from wavering out of His presence. I use sex because it is the most common.

Another thing about our thoughts, is that we harp on all of the wrong things.
-take no account of evil done to you. Because when you do, you're either plotting revenge or defeated and both are not of God.
-pay no attention to suffered wrongs. Why? Because we start to believe the worst of people, when God tells us to believe the best of each person. Most people do what is thought of them. Tell them they are the worst enough times and they will be. Do the opposite and can you imagine the difference? I can't stand when females call men dogs- do you know when you do that, you've allowed your expectations to be lowered? And even though you'll often be hurt, you'll put up with it because you don't feel you can find any better. I can't stand when people put down a particular race of people. Especially their own people. Running on "CP time, " "Filipino time" - no! The people are running late and usually inconsiderable. If something starts at 8p, be there! It's not hard. Ok that's a whole other blog.

But seriously, we need to set our minds on higher things. From what we think, we believe (take to our hearts) and then say.

And what we speak can either be life or death. I want to speak life and hear it life all day long.

How about you?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment