Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TGN: The Time is Now

Think about who you use to be and who you want to be. Think about the vices you use to or still have; sin you just can't seem to or just won't let go of even now... Set the atmosphere (your heart) for repentance and freedom. And pray this prayer.

Prayer: Dear Father, I alone am not worthy of receiving Your Kingdom. My life without You and without my mind on You is so shameful. But oh how You love me. You have washed me, sanctified me and justified me in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ and Your Spirit. Let me receive this LORD. Let this, Your reality sink deep into my heart. Show me how to believe it, receive it and walk in this godly identity, so that I can make real God honoring changes in my life. Not to become perfect, but to strive towards obedience, no matter how many times I fail. For everything is permissible for me- I can do whatever my flesh desires, but I have to realize that just because I desire it, have had fun with it and doing it, it is not my true identity. Your commands are set because not everything is beneficial for me. I am not suppose to be mastered by anything on this earth. My body is meant for You and You for my body. It is important who I unite with, and become one in body with; have sex with. All that I do with my body is important. Even everything I put inside of it; including my mind, my thoughts- for just because I can justify it- doesn't mean You have. For my body is the temple of Your Holy Spirit in me. It's important to unite myself with You, in order to become one in You in Spirit. So that I can learn and discern You Will and Your ways. Therefore LORD, I need Your help, be merciful to me LORD. For I come to You with eyes weak from sorrow, my soul and body filled with grief, my life consumed by anguish (severe mental/physical pain or suffering), my own strength fails time and time again because of my affliction (the cause of my pain and suffering). Shine Your face on Your servant LORD. I am crying out to You, because I do not want to make the same mistakes over and over again. I don't want to be fooled by satan, demons or by my own flesh! HERE I AM LORD! Save me with Your unfailing love. For I am not my own; I was bought at a price. And I desire to honor You LORD, in the manner by which You deserve; with my whole being, including my body. Into Your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of Truth. In Jesus' name, IN YOUR POWERFUL NAME- JESUS!!!!! I pray because I KNOW you don't give up on Your children!!!! Hallelujah! Amen. (1 Corinthians 6/Psalm 31)

--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Jesus Arrested *part 2*
v. 50-54

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"
(:56) Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.


The man who cut off the servant's ear was Peter (John 18:10). Peter was trying to prevent what he saw as defeat. He didn't realize (what Jesus had prepared him and the disciples for beforehand) that Jesus had to die in order to gain victory. But Jesus demonstrated perfect commitment to His Father's Will. His Kingdom would not be advance with swords but with faith and obedience.

Are YOU peter? Are you trying to prevent what you see as defeat in your life? Are you acting without seeking God first, for what He is trying to do in your life and through your circumstances?

You might ask, "How do I seek God?"

Well write this down or print it and save this...
You read His Word. Why? In order to learn His voice and His way of thinking. It takes more effort than waiting on the daily Good News and other spiritual resources to be delivered to your inboxes. It consist of actually getting out your own Bible, to search and study it. In this, not depending on your way or what you have come accustomed to thinking is God- when it's really just you. But, His way, not our way!!! Don't forget His ways ARE NOT our ways.

Next, you pray!! And you pray!! And you pray some more. And you don't stop until it is placed on your spirit to stop. Don't stop because you're too tired to do it. Don't stop because you're preoccupied with something or someone. Don't stop because you don't feel or see anything happening. Press in to the God you serve. And don't worry. God is not like us, He doesn't get annoyed or irritated when we call. He doesn't send us to voicemail after the first ring. He desires this communication and fellowship with each one of us. This is how we build our trust in Him.

Then you also seek wise counsel! Wise counsel for me, comes from someone who is going to pray for me and with me in the NAME OF JESUS. Not someone who thinks they have the answer and blurts out their own opinions, before I can even get my problem out. But someone who KNOWS where our help comes from. I need someone whose hope is in the LORD. I can't depend on those who believe in the universe and other gods, to hear the wisdom from the LORD Almighty. Not to say that in some situations, what we need to hear will come from anyone God chooses. But in pursuing guidance in hearing God's voice, you want to go to God's people. You know who your spiritual mentors are. If you don't, let's work on getting you some! You need accountability in Your life. Not judgment!!!! But loving and compassionate accountability to your relationship with the King of Kings.

And then You wait for that answer. And take note: it will most likely be something you don't want to hear or do. But your spirit will know that it's right. You'll want to (and probably actually) fight tooth and nail against it. But it will be what you need to do, in order to receive God's best in your life. The desires of your heart- not your flesh! How will you receive this answer? Well, there are unlimited ways for God, everything and everyone is at His disposal. But some key things to remember are: (1) God knows how you receive and will speak to you in that matter. (2) God will confirm it. You won't just hear it once. (3) IT WILL ALWAYS AGREE WITH HIS WORD. If it doesn't; if it steps out of God's Word in the slightest form. IT IS NOT FROM GOD. Yes, the LORD will use unconventional ways and methods that make absolutely no sense to us. But it will NEVER disagree with His Word.

*it most likely will require some sacrifice on your end as well.*

But it is all for the good that comes from God! Remember you will not advance in God's Kingdom now, by your own methods and ways. It's only by faith, obedience, a sincere, honest relationship with God and submission to His perfect Will-everyday, in our hearts, and in everything that we do.

ARE YOU PREVENTING GOD'S WORK IN YOUR LIFE?
- Jesus is preparing you for God's Glory over your situation!!! Don't miss it! There's no better time than now to STOP wasting time.
--------------------------------------------------------------


"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment