Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TGN : What About Your Friends?

Prayer: Abba, Father, Your love and concern for me when I am at my most vulnerable times in life is beyond my understanding. I thank You for the gracious gift of Your Holy Spirit. For Your love is ever before me and I walk continually in Your Truth. Rejecting the lies of this world and the enemy. Redeem me LORD, and be merciful to me, so that I can continue to proclaim praise to You all the days long. In Jesus' name. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Gethsemane *part 2*
v. 36-38
Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

GOD SPEAKS THROUGH HIS PEOPLE! PLEASE TAKE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT REVELATION BELOW, FROM A FELLOW READER OF THE GOOD NEWS!

"Girl, that is a good verse.  You are right, there is so much in there.  For starters, sometimes, the plan that God has for us is so massive, so complex and bigger than anything we've ever done that it is scary, it creates great anxiety in us and we want to run away, but we can't.  We gotta stay the course and know that God completely has our back. That is exactly how I feel most of the time these days.
 
2nd, what Jesus was about to experience was soooooo major that he needed the emotional and spiritual support of his homies. 
Jesus said, 'Stay here and keep watch with me.' &
'Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.'
Now granted, they fell asleep on him, but look what God is saying.  We must have a close circle of God-fearing, prayer warrior friends that will have our back when we are getting ready to do major, major stuff in life.  We need those friends as our support and we need them to pray for us.  That is just so eye opening to me.  There are people on this earth that it is my absolute responsibility to pray for, and thank God, there are people (such as you J) who are responsible to pray for me as I walk in purpose."

-thank you DS for sharing.

WHO ARE YOU PRAYING FOR & WHO IS PRAYING FOR YOU?
-it's important, stay encouraged!
--------------------------------------------------------------
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Pray from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition (Sue Richards).

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com. "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment