Thursday, August 6, 2009

TGN : With Jesus

GOD KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED:

Comments from the faith-filled:

RE: IT'S TIME TO PRAY (8-5-09)

*Thank you for this today!  You and God are right on time.  I am struggling with some work issues and really need to hear a good word and some guidance today. Thanks again!

*DONE!!!
(Responded to the call to pray for someone else)

*OMG - this is one of the reasons I was feeling tired yesterday. I know what God has for me, but, it's so overwhelming that I almost feel self-sabatoge creeping in - bringing on my own feelings of defeat. Thanks for having the heart of God and not being afraid to share such inspired prayers!


Your comments inspire me! Thank you for sharing! LT
________________________________________________

Prayer: LORD, forgive us for trying to do anything on our own. Even if the deed was what we label as good-done without you makes it done in vain. There are things that we may want to do, that you have not called us to do. Something done out of purpose is a waste of time. Forgive us LORD! Doing anything without You, leads us directly into the hands of the enemy. But thankfully I serve a forgiving and faithful God, full of grace and mercy. Thank You for bringing this important sin to my attention so that I can fully repent of it and step anew. You will never forsake me LORD, You receive me-just as I am. I don't have to change before coming to You. Because in You only, is true and lasting change put into effect in me and my life. I am confident that I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. I will no longer act without You. I will wait for my LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for You in all that I do. In Jesus' name. Amen. (Psalm 27)
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Gethsemane *part 3*
v. 38
"Stay here and keep watch with me."

WITH ME! WITH ME! WITH ME!
There are too many people who believe they don't have to do anything but wait for their prayer to be answered. Or many don't even pray, but expect "life" to bring their desires to them. Put it out into the universe and it will come back... Isn't that The Secret?

I have never read that book and I don't need to. The "not so much a" secret, is that all we need to know is in the Word of God. And one thing Jesus commands of us, is that in whatever we are called to do, whatever desires He has placed on our hearts, when we are lost or in deep anguish, when we are full of joy-praise and thankfulness; we are to do it WITH HIM! Not because He necessarily needs us, but because He desires to invite us into the process to reveal His deep love and merciful nature.*

So what is it that we do? Well, Jesus tells Peter, (Zebedee's sons) James and John what we do first," keep watch" and in verse 41 to "pray". Keeping watch is to stay alert, stay awake. Don't live this life asleep to the good direction and guidance that God is placing in front of you, or asleep to the lurking temptation out to defeat you. The way to overcome temptation is not just to hope God keeps it away- because He won't. We have to keep alert and pray. Keeping alert means being aware of the possibilities of temptation, sensitive to the subtleties, and spiritually equipped to not only fight temptation but to recognize what is of God; what is God's Will. Because temptation strikes where we are most vulnerable, we can't resist it alone. We need Jesus and we need to move with Him.

Prayer; CONSISTENT prayer- SINCERE prayer- FAITH-FILLED prayer- prayer filled with the WORD, is essential because God's power and strength is found in prayer. Answers are revealed during prayer. Do you really believe in the power of pray-prayer gets our spirits, heart, mind and body to move in the right actions. Begin to listen to the words of your prayers- note how much time you spend, you'll be able to determine your true faith in Jesus. If it doesn't seem of good quality to you- just dig in more. Give more of your time and heart to develop this essential part of relationship with God. It's our communication with Him.

Next time you question why God isn't answering your prayers, check up on what you're doing with Him; instead of just waiting and expecting Him to just do for you.

GOD BLESSES US BY ALLOWING A TEAM EFFORT
-we are co-laborers with Jesus
--------------------------------------------------------------
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible. *The Voice of God, Cindy Jacobs

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com. "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment