Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TGN: "Barabbas" or Christ?

Prayer: Your Resurrection power LORD is at work in my life and I just want to thank You. You are able to do exceedingly and abundantly anything that comes to Your mind. And I trust that every single thing You have planned for me is good and is good for me. Many, too many are the wonders you have done and all the things you have planned for me. I am blessed because I make You my trust. LORD, I don't look to the proud or those who turn aside to false gods- I wait patiently for You, the Almighty God. Through all the work that You do in me and through me, many have seen and will continue to see and fear; they will put their trust in You, LORD. This is how I desire my life to be used, in service to other's-finding and developing their relationship with You. I will not hide Your righteousness in my heart. I will speak of Your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal Your love and Your truth from anyone; and I pray each of Your children do the same; in love, in order and peace. For as we give ourselves fully to Your work, our labor in You will never be in vain. Thank You Jesus. In Your name I pray. Amen. (Psalm 40/1 Corinthians 15,16)
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 27

Pilate Hands Jesus Over to Be Crucified *part 3* v. 15-21

Now it was the governor's (Pilate) custom at the Feast to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. At that time they had a notorious prisoner, called Barabbas. So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?" For he knew it was out of envy that they had handed Jesus over to him.
While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."
But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.
"Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" asked the governor.
"Barabbas," they answered.


Faced with a clear choice, the people chose Barabbas, a revolutionary and murderer, over the Son of God. Faced with the same choice today, people are still choosing "Barabbas." They would rather have the tangible force of human power than the salvation offered by the Son of God.

WHAT ARE YOU CHOOSING?
--------------------------------------------------------------

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment