Friday, August 14, 2009

TGN: I'm Honored to Know Christ

FAMILY COMMENTS:
From "Lies & Truth" 8/13/09

*"This is SO true! Thanks for sending!" 


Thank YOU for sharing your blessings with me!
________________________________________________

Prayer: It is fitting for the upright to praise God. Let the redeemed of the LORD, say so! LORD, Your Word is right and it is true. You are faithful in all that You do. You love righteousness and justice and the earth is full of Your unfailing love. Love builds up! Let all the earth fear You Father God, let all the people of the world revere You. For You spoke and it came to be; You commanded, and it stood firm. As the good words You speak over my life are coming to be-everyday. Your loving commands over my life, are standing firm. And I just want to thank You LORD. No matter how I feel or what I see, I know that Your plans stand firm forever and the purposes of Your heart stands through all generations. And amazingly, Your plans and purposes concern me; Your willing child. This is why, I will continue to praise You in advance. This is why, I will continue to serve You in all that I do. This is why Your Name and praises will continuing be in my mouth for all to hear. Because You are so good. And I love You. Many of us think we need to wait for that significant other to understand love. Forgive us for believing that lie, because today I know- there is NO love greater than the love I receive from You. It's amazing!!!! It brings tears to my eyes, in recognizing that my God loves me and is eternally committed to dealing with me, helping me, building me, correcting me, guiding me, interacting with me in EVERY detail of my life with that precious, unfailing, powerful and FORGIVING love. Thank You Jesus. And in Your name We pray always. Amen. (Psalm 33/1 Corinthians 8)
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Peter Disowns Jesus v. 69-75

Now Peter was sitting out in the courtyard, and a servant girl came to him. "You also were with Jesus of Galilee, " she said.
But he denied it before them all. "I don't know what you're talking about," he said.
Then he went out to the gateway, where another girl saw him and said to the people there, "This fellow was with Jesus of Nazareth."
He denied it again, with an oath: "I don't know the man!"
After a little while, those standing there went up to Peter and said, "Surely you are one of them, for your accent gives you away."
Then he began to call down curses on himself and he swore to them, "I don't know the man!"
Immediately a rooster crowed. Then Peter remembered the words Jesus had spoken: "Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.


There were three stages to Peter's denial. First, he acted confused and tried to divert attention from himself by changing the subject. Second, using an oath he denied that he knew Jesus. Third he swore that he did not know Jesus. Using the oath or swearing does not mean Peter used foul language. This was the kind of swearing that a person does in court of law. Peter swore that he did not know Jesus and invoked a curse on himself if his words were untrue. In effect saying, "May God strike me dead if I am lying."

Believers who deny Christ often begin doing so subtly by pretending not to know Him. When opportunities to discuss religious issues come up, they walk away or pretend they don't know the answers. With only a little more pressure, they can be induced to deny flatly their relationship with Christ.

I will admit, only now have I become bold and comfortable about speaking my faith in God at ALL times. Once upon a time, I only spoke about my faith to those I knew were Christian. It had a lot to do with maturity and growth, but it was also out of fear of judgment that I didn't speak up. So many of us have been pushed into a corner, because people also want to conclude that Christians are pushing their faith on them when we speak- when all we're doing is talking about Someone (a Great Someone) who is literally apart of our lives.

I encourage all my bros and sis in Christ to not hide when praying over their meals amongst people. I encourage you to thank Jesus aloud when you get the urge to do so no matter who is around. I encourage you to be bold about acknowledging where Your help really comes from. We're not "spiritual" (many of us have used this to separate ourselves from the "religious" term)- we're children of God, saved by Jesus. It is ok to say "I am Christian." If the person(s) on the other end wants to judge. Let them. That judgment can do nothing to you.

If you find yourself subtly diverting conversations so you don't have to talk about Christ, watch out. You may be on the road to denying Him.


GOD DESERVES TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND HONORED PRIVATELY AND PUBLICLY!

--------------------------------------------------------------


"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment