Thursday, August 27, 2009

TGN: Mock...

Prayer: Mighty God, guard my mouth and direct my advice to others. Let any suggestions and instruction that come from me, be from You only. Not from what I think, not from my emotions, not from my well intentions, not from my limited understanding- but from Your infinite and all-knowing understanding Spirit. Let the words from my mouth send Your children in the right direction, build their confidence in You and not lead them astray. Let the words from my mouth be filled with peace and love. LORD, please let those I turn to in my own life depend on You, as well, when they communicate with me- so that I too can gain wise counsel in the situations of life. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 27

The Roman Soldiers Mock Jesus v. 22-31

Then the governor's (Pilate) soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.


The actions of these soldiers were horrible. But before we are so quick to judge- how mean are you? What mean names do you have for some of your co-workers? How often do you mock your boss behind their back? How often do you humiliate someone to their face with/without them knowing? Come on, we have all done this. And it is cruel. I have never read of Jesus stooping down to this level of mean. The ones who crucified Him, brought it down to this level. How ugly, when you think about it. Trust me, I know how cruel people can be- but does this justify me acting in the same matter in response to them or others? No! What are our intentions when we go here? This doesn't mean we can't be light, have fun and joke around. But today, the line is often crossed, there is no love behind it and we're accepting it. Isn't LOVE suppose to be our motivation for everything? Aren't we suppose to encourage peace and unity?

People often make fun of Christians for their faith, but believers can take courage from the fact that Jesus Himself was mocked more than most people. Taunting may hurt our feelings, but we should never let it change our faith, nor the way we treat others.

There's no question about it, submit to Jesus- you will be mocked.

THE QUESTION IS: WHO ARE YOU MOCKING?
-this behavior is SO NOT pleasing to God.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment