Monday, August 17, 2009

TGN : Pilate

FAMILY COMMENTS:
From "I'm Honored to Know Christ" 8/14/09

*"The prayer. Nothing is more power then God's word (scripture). NOTHING. With His words, God speaks anything into creation & can change any circumstance. We have access 2 great churches, TV evangelism, gospel music, but @ the end of the day, it is God's Word that holds the most power. Prayer is God's Word repeated back 2 Him. What a huge trick of the great deceiver that we as believers don't study God's Word with more regularity (myself included).
Good TGN. I didn't realize the swearing deal w/pete."
 

Thank YOU for sharing your blessings with me!
________________________________________________

Prayer: LORD, You never said that there will never be trouble in my life when You chose me and I answered Your call. We have to remember that pain and suffering still exist for Your children, but You have promised that You will always watch over me and deliver me from them all. You are attentive to my cry and You protect me LORD. To trust in anything or anyone over you is a vain hope for deliverance because only You save. I wait in hope for You, LORD. You are my help and my shield. I glorify You and exalt Your Holy Name. When I seek You LORD, You answer. I beam with happiness because I look to You for everything. I pray that everyone I come across will taste and see that You are so good, and blessed are we who take refuge in You. Thank You LORD, for showing me all the evil to turn away from, thank You for making me uncomfortable with lies of any kind- lies are not the methods of the God of Truth. And thank You for stirring my spirit to do good and seek to accomplish peace in my life and the lives of others. In Jesus' name. Amen. (Psalm 33-34)
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 27

The Council of Religious Leaders Condemns Jesus v. 1-2

Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people came to the decision to put Jesus to death. They bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate, the governor.

How many of us saw "Passion of the Christ"? How vividly did that movie portray these pictures to us. No matter what you say about Mel Gibson and some of the creative licenses he took, that movie was a small gift of understanding for me. Things from the Word that I couldn't picture, are now examples I can picture or refer back to on DVD. For further understanding, I will provide background of the history & atmosphere at this time from the Life Study Application Bible:

The religious leaders had to persuade the Roman government to sentence Jesus to death because they did not have the authority to do it themselves. The Romans had taken away the religious leaders' authority to inflict capital punishment. Politically, it looked better for the religious leaders anyway if someone else was responsible for killing Jesus. They wanted the death to appear Roman sponsored so the crowds couldn't blame them. The Jewish leaders had arrested Jesus on theological grounds- blasphemy; but because this charge would be thrown out of Roman court, they had to come up with a political reason for Jesus' death. Their strategy was to show Jesus as a rebel who claimed to be a king and thus a threat to Caesar.

Pilate was the Roman governor for the regions of Samaria and Judea from A.D. 26 to 36. Jerusalem was located in Judea. Pilate took special pleasure in demonstrating his authority over the Jews, which didn't make him very popular; but the religious leaders had no other way to get rid of Jesus than to go to him. Ironically, when Jesus, a Jew came before Pilate for trial, he found him innocent. He could not find a single fault in Jesus, nor could he contrive one. I have yet to read that Pilate's wife was involved in his decision, like it was in the movie. If you've seen this in Scripture, please let me know where to find it. Another reason why I stress knowing the Word. Though I enjoyed "Passion of the Christ"; I also know it can't be taken as the Word. The only thing that is the Word, exactly how God intended is the Bible. So know it!

THE BIBLE IS MEANT TO BE READ OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment