Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christ, the Son of the living God!

Does anyone feel a little off today?  I'm not sure why, but I have this strange feeling.  It's not good, nor bad-just strange.  Interesting....
Love-LT

Send any prayer requests.
PRAYER: Thank You for blessing me oh God.  I will not concentrate on anything I see or feel or hear around me; I know You are blessing me.  Thank You Father God for Your protection.  It is awesome and comforting to know that I am protected by the Great I Am.  To know that I have a God who will fight my battles, dry my tears and make me smile.  Your Grace is sufficient for me, for Your power is made perfect in my weakness.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.  I pray that the eyes of our hearts be enlightened in order that we may know the hope for which You have called each one of us.  Thank You LORD!  In Jesus' name.  Amen

MATTHEW 16:13-30

PETER'S CONFESSION OF CHRIST: 

(v.13-20) When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

When I read this verse, I think of the song by Fred Hammond, Who Do Men Say I Am?  It's always awesome to me how Fred Hammond's lyric come directly from the Word of God.  It's wonderful and a great way to keep it on your mind.  

In the above verses, the disciples answered Jesus' question with the common view-that Jesus was one of the great prophets come back to life.  This belief may have stemmed from Deuteronomy 18:18, where God said He would raise up a prophet from among the people.  And God stood by His Word, John the Baptist, Elijah, Jonah, and Jeremiah were all prophets raised up from among the people.  Peter, however, confessed Jesus as divine and as the promised and long-awaited Messiah.

PONDER THIS:
IF JESUS WERE TO ASK YOU "WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?" HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER?

ACTION:
LET GOD REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment