Monday, January 19, 2009

Inaugural Adventure- Night Four

In making my "Welcome to 1600" party metro run-thru last night.  I found myself drawn to the White House.  It was so close, so the question was "why not?"  There were many people out there with me, doing the same thing.  The preparations for today's event was completely organized and you couldn't get too close to the White House.  As you can see below, the parade route hindered people from getting any closer from this side.  But it didn't keep people from coming.  
A little zoom for you of the Obama's new residence
A party was going on up there on the roof.  Some man was singing some good soul foul music.  I would have thought it was Luther Vandross if he wasn't dead.  Someone said that it was Michael McDonald.  No matter who it was, the people on top seemed to be having a great time celebrating. 
I tried to get closer, but because of the lights it just came out blurry.
The picture below is a view from the park of the press tower (I'm guessing) it's right across from where Barack will be sworn in.
Just a note to remember where I was, very close to St. John's Church- which made an impression on me for a reason I didn't understand last night.  And then I come to find out this morning that it's the church the elects and their wives went to worship and pray this morning.
Since Abraham Lincoln has been so huge in Barack Obama's campaign, when I walked passed this building, I thought I should take a picture.
Overall, I loved what I saw in the people who were out there last night.  Different people from everywhere so excited to be in this place for an occasion such as this!  Kids wearing Obama sweatshirts, families simply taking it all in.  It was absolutely beautiful to see.  It's good to be able to share the same sentiment of goodness with so many strangers.  It reminds you that we are more the same than different-and that there is good in each one of us.  Even though many do not show it all of the time.



This plate I found in my hotel room, as a gift from the hotel for staying here during the inauguration.  How cool was that?



The Obama's are a great example to us in knowing that you can go for your dreams and attain them.  Pray, stay focused and surround yourself with praying, good and loving people.

Best- LT

No comments:

Post a Comment