Friday, January 16, 2009

The Good News today!

Good Morning!  You will receive this in the afternoon because I don't have wireless service on Amtrak.  So maybe good afternoon-since I'll be sending this from my hotel room.  I am on my way to Maryland for the DC festivities surrounding the amazing Inauguration on Tuesday.  I have no clue what to expect, but I love the excitement in the air.  Obama's campaign and victory is inspiring to me.  No matter his mistakes and triumphs in the White House, he defeated one of the greatest odds.  Through his victory, you can see that ANYTHING is possible with God.  I will be praying for his spirit, family, cabinet and inner circle.  And check out my blog for updates on the next 5-6 days.
Love-LaToya

Prayer request accepted.
PRAYER: I find this world so interesting LORD.  To look around and see all of your majesty is awe-inspiring.  Taking away our judgments and just honoring your pure creations is not something we often do, but I thank you for bringing it to mind.  For opening up my heart, when the enemy wants me to keep it closed.  The song, "All We Need Is Love" comes to my spirit.  Because that's exactly where it starts; with LOVE.  You love us, each individually just because You love us.  I pray that more love is spread throughout this world.  I pray that people are moved to operate in love at all times.  I pray that we see more of You in everyone and in everything we do.  Bless Your name Holy Father.  In the name of our loving Savior, amen.

MATTHEW 16: 21-28
JESUS PREDICTS HIS DEATH: part 1
TODAY THE SCRIPTURE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. NO NOTES, JUST THE SCRIPTURE. READ IT, MEDITATE ON IT AND LET IT SPEAK TO YOUR SPIRIT. WE'LL KEEP IT HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE. SO WE WILL TAKE OUR TIME WITH IT.

(v. 21-28) From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.  
Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."  
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lost it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

PONDER THIS:
HOW DOES THIS SCRIPTURE SPEAK TO YOU?

ACTION:
REPLIES WELCOMED!

No comments:

Post a Comment