Friday, July 24, 2009

Are you...

Doing exactly what you thought you would doing in your life?

I'm not! Seriously, I had corporate dreams! Now, I have new dreams. Not all clear, but my desires have certainly changed from when I was 14 and only desired to work at MTV. That mission was accomplished and I have definitely moved on, never to turn back- but continue to move forward.

I am not afraid. I'm learning to stand firm because I know I will see the deliverance that God is bringing. He has never failed me, so why would He now? I only need to be still, for my desire is that in whatever I do, God gains the glory. People will know the LORD. My God in everything in my life.

So as the Word tells us, I will be strong and courageous; knowing success comes in obeying God. I will not allow discouragement to overtake me. I will ask and receive, seek and find, knock to find the door opened to me.

I desire to devote my whole heart and soul to seeking the LORD-it's a journey to learn to do everything I do for God. How easy it is to forget sometimes. Desiring to do good is a good start.

It's not just for me, it is for my children, grandchildren and their children. Just as David prepared and provided for Solomon. We are to do the same. Not knowing the exact plans- but making sure there is foundation set. I don't believe God gives us desires to taunt us. But sometimes the end results aren't for us. David wanted to build the Temple- but God said, that's for Solomon. BUT because David had that desire, he prepared and planned; and Solomon was set when he began. Remember that as you're trying to figure things out in life.

This has definitely helped me to let go of somethings that I thought were so important. They no longer are. My heart is open. Prayer is key!

It's Your time!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment