Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Good News: God

Prayer: I trust You, O God. Everything has been, is and will always be in Your hands. Therefore I choose to obey You. I choose to serve You honorably, as You command me to. Not the way I want to. Forgive me LORD for thinking my way better than Your way. Thank You for not giving up on me. I trust You with every circumstance, issue, concern and blessing set before me today. Let freedom ring. Let life be restored. Let hearts be changed in Your Mighty Name. You are God and so worthy to be praised. I praise You LORD. Everyone will know the God I serve. In Jesus' powerful and living Name, amen.

www.biblegateway.com
Matthew 24

Signs of the End of the Age - part 2.1 v. 15-35
(Emphasis on Verse 15)

Jesus speaking to His disciples:

"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel-let the reader understand-..."

Bible learning lesson: What was the "the abomination that causes desolation," mentioned by both Daniel and Jesus? Rather than one specific object, event, or person, it could be seen as any deliberate attempt to mock and deny the reality of God's presence. Don't forget that Jesus gives us a lot of information, but not all of it. We couldn't handle it all, like the guy in the movie "A Few Good Men" couldn't handle the truth (I've never seen that movie by the way LOL). Daniel's prediction came true in 168 B.C. When Antiochus Epiphanes sacrificed a pig to Zeus on the sacred Temple altar (Daniel 9:29; 11:30,31). Jesus' words were remembered in A.D. 70 when Titus placed an idol on the site of the burned Temple after destroying Jerusalem.

What about now? Really think about all of the people out there who look to discredit God. Who tell you, it's about you and only you. Who are writing books, making movies and going on television shows to call Christians insane and crazy. They are doing the work of the devil and driving deserving people from the love of God. I urge you not to be one of those people. I know it gets hard. It gets confusing- but there is not one doubt in my mind that God will take care of you if you would just have faith in Him and trust Him- no matter what!

In the end times the Antichrist will set up an image of himself and order everyone to worship it (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Revelations 13:14,15). These are all abominations to God.

Verses in different books are provided for you to check facts and information. Take some time to study the Word, I encourage you.

FOR YOUR GOOD, DON'T TAKE ANY PART IN TRYING TO DISCREDIT GOD!
I feel that was a warning to someone... Please take it.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Notes from Life Application Study Bible & NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment