Friday, July 31, 2009

Denial

Prayer: LORD, you are my shepherd, I shall not be in want. You make me lie down in green pastures, You lead me beside quiet waters, You restore my soul. You guide me in paths of righteousness for Your Name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Thank You for placing this wonderful prayer on David's heart, and preserving it so that we can offer it up to You as well. In Jesus' name. Amen. (Psalm 23)


www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial v. 31-35

Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written:
'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'
But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee. "
Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will."
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."
But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.". And all the other disciples said the same.

Jesus was laying it all out for the disciples. And yet, they continued to miss the fact that Jesus knew everything. He wasn't guessing that every disciple would fall away from Him or that Peter would deny Him. He was stating God's facts. Yet, they could not believe this. Is it hard for you to admit the worse about yourself? If we continue to deny it, we can't change it.

All the disciples declared that they would die before denying Jesus. (We will read in the future, if you don't already know the history,) a few hours later, however, they all scattered. And Peter sure did deny Jesus, as Jesus watch him do it. People say "Talk is cheap" and it is! People know how to talk a good game. Tell you all the things you want to hear, but where is the follow-through? People are so lacking follow-through today. It is easy to say we are devoted to Christ- and usually it's easiest when we're talking to believers. Are you able to declare your faith and speak about your Savior with and/or around your non-believing friends? Are you able to claim God's victory with them? Sometimes I think twice about keeping the web address of The Good News in my email signature when sending emails to certain people from my mac. WHY???? No longer, I've admitted my fault in order to change. Satan can only use what we keep secret. And he has no power over me. Our claims about our God are meaningful only when they are tested in the crucible of persecution. How strong is your faith? Is it strong enough to stand up under intense trial? Better yet, is it strong enough to show up in your daily actions?

--------------------------------------------------------------
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Notes from Life Application Study Bible & NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Prayer from the Word of God.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com. "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News?



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment