Monday, July 20, 2009

Family

I love families!

There is a lot of drama and some pain that comes with them but there is also a lot of joy that surrounds the memories of family.

I've been grateful for the moments that I'm sharing with my own this summer. No matter what, the moments are precious and looking past any fault, attitude or offense- the joy of laughter, loving honesty and spending time with one another is always left.

Today, I was able to spend a wonderful day with my bbf's family. And I'm always in awe of them. When you think of a family that is blessed from generation to generation- they are a great example. A large family, mixed with different cultures and backgrounds and marriages and problems. I mean when the family begins to extends, you might not think they are related from outside appearance. But when you spend time with them, how they enjoy spending time with each other. From holding their heads under the water the longest to guessing the mathematical equation. You see what God means by joy, purpose, love, forgiveness, and all that jazz.

I love spending time with families in general, I get so much influence as to how I would like to raise my family and influence not only my children but my children's children. Shout out to great word from Joel Holm this morning. In a society that doesn't really point towards family, I choose to make it important.

I am someone full of mistakes, full of wrong desires, full of foolish thinking... And I praise God anyhow because when I'm allowed to see the things I see- I take it as encouragement. Not jealousy. But encouragement, that I too will grow and be continuously blessed. Because even with all my mess, God loves me. And He lives in me at all times. He will never leave me. And what He has purposed for me, from family, to career, to waking up in the morning is GOOD. My heart is steadfast on Him and His righteousness endures forever.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment