Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Good News : Don't end up "to the left, to the left..."

If you are receiving from the Good News, please be faithful in sharing it- www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com
If anyone would like to receive in email format, please have them email me with subject line "JOIN THE GOOD NEWS".
Thank you!
-------------------------------
-------------------------------
Prayer: LORD, I pray that Your children, including myself, gain the wisdom and discernment to determine between living for this world, where the reward is in this life; and living for You- where our reward is eternity. You're so good, that when we live for You we reap benefits while living on this earth, but not for selfish gain. We are to put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. I pray that we take courage in You to stand up and out, and make bold and righteous decisions. Not getting religion confused with serving people. LORD, please break that spirit of religious judgment and separation and brings us back to the common ground of Your Holy Son, Jesus. In His name only, I pray! Amen

www.biblegateway.com
Matthew 25

The Sheep and the Goats v 31- 46 *part 3
Emphasis on verses: 31-33,41-46

Jesus continues to speak to His disciples about the final judgment:

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invited me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothed me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Jesus used sheep and goats to picture the division between believers (obedient followers) and pretenders/unbelievers.

Let's talk about the unbelievers today. Unbelievers and pretenders aren't just the evil folk, they can be the nicest people, but without Jesus that is exactly what they are- unbelievers and (many) pretenders-unfortunately sin is their god. They're able to justify to themselves doing what God is against. This may be hard to swallow for some people, but it's the Truth. God knows our hearts, we're keeping not one thing from Him. Unbelievers have every opportunity to sincerely turn to Christ, but when they decide that they're not about salvation, then they will suffer the consequences. Consequences of their own choice.

Hell is a real place ladies and gents. You can say it's not till the day you die, and it will still exist. Just like God will continue to exist, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, angels, demons and the devil. Eternal punishment takes place in hell (the lake of fire), the place of punishment after death for all those who refuse to repent (change from their sinful ways). When Jesus warns against unbelief, He is trying to save us from agonizing punishment and is offering for us to partake in His wonderful inheritance- forever. Do you want to miss that?

JESUS IS THE REAL DEAL
If you are not sure if you are saved, please feel free to reach out to me today and begin your journey living with and for God.

Are you receiving anything from the Good News?

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Notes from Life Application Study Bible & NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Prayer from the Word of God.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com
"Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. And remember we're all still growing." LT


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment