Thursday, July 16, 2009

We are here for each other

How we forget this important fact. It becomes about me me me. When it has nothing to do with you, most of the time.

When you read Matthew 3:4, what do you get out of it? Honestly, I never got a thing- I just thought it was a detail to describe the scene. But then it was revealed, John's concern wasn't his clothes, it wasn't what or where he ate-it was Jesus. How many of us toil over what we're going to where, what we're going to eat- get disappointed when someone chooses a place you really don't want to go. What a waste of our energy.

We really have to keep our eyes on Jesus. He is the focus, the most important-in everything we think, say and do.

I can do anything God says I can do! He hears me and He doesn't miss a thing. We're all accountable to God, whether you believe in Him or not. There is no difference, for we all have sinned and fall short of God's glory. But we're all able to be justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

God's Word is not there to make you feel guilty but to become conscious of sin. To know what isn't purposed for us. People don't want to be accountable and this is why they stay so far from church, the bible and people who believe in God. There is freedom in fleeing from sin. I have to say, in the last 46 days, I've never been happier- just living right! My concerns are not on dumb things, I'm not getting into situations that only lead to bad results.. But my clear conscience does not equal innocence at all. I am only made righteous through my faith in Jesus Christ and because of this growing faith, I'm making better decisions for myself and reaching out to other people like I never have before. If there are any wrong motives in my heart, I KNOW God will bring it to light.

LORD, lead me to a Rock that is higher than I.

In Jesus' name.



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment