Monday, July 27, 2009

The Good News: Sell Out

Are you receiving anything from the Good News?

COMMENTS FROM THE CHURCH:

- "I trust the Lord (LT)...he is so awesome and he is doing mighty things in my life and in the lives of the people around me. Yesterday's walk thru is a testament of how faithful God is."

--------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer: May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, LORD. You are my Rock and my Redeemer. You answer me in my distress. Your Name protects me. You send help from the Sanctuary and grant support from Zion. Remember me LORD and accept the offering of my life! Thank You for the desires of my heart and bringing success to all my plans. Thank You for granting all my request that are in line with Your Will. You saved me and I will continue to trust in Your Name- that is above every name. Jesus! Amen. (Psalm 19,20)


www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus v 14- 16

Then one of the Twelve (disciples)- the one called Judas Iscariot- went to the chief priests and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him (Jesus) over to you?" So they counted out for him 30 silver coins. From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him (Jesus) over.

We sale our soul for the dumbest things! Sex,fame, money, praise from people, earthly comfort, possessions, drunkenness, greed, lust, acceptance and so on. Judas sold out Jesus for 30 silver coins. WHAT??? The man he had come to know intimately. Judas was one of the 12 men closest to Jesus. He saw every miracle, he knew Jesus' nature and character, Jesus loved him. Judas knew there was no reason to give his friend over as a criminal. But he did it anyway. And for what? 30 silver coins, the price of a slave in their day. Judas allowed his greedy desire for money and status, led him to betray Jesus.

Jesus loves YOU!

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING JESUS OUT FOR?

--------------------------------------------------------------
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Notes from Life Application Study Bible & NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Prayer from the Word of God.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com. "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment