Monday, July 27, 2009

Give it up!

Have you ever known that you needed to give something up... that letting it go would change your life infinite times for the better... and once it was gone, you wouldn't miss it at all. Yet, you just won't take that first step of letting it go.

You know what's "a hell of a drug"- LUST!

You think to yourself, "I can control it, I got this!" What foolish thoughts. We don't have anything on our own. Without God, it usually has us. And sorry to be dramatic, but it is out to destroy our lives.

I know what it is for me. What is it for you? You shouldn't have to think really hard, I'm sure while you were reading that first paragraph it come to your mind- but you tried real hard to push it away.

Trust me! I understand. There are thoughts going through my head of all that I would miss out on-but then I'm reminded that God says don't worry about that what I think I will miss. Because I'm honestly not missing out on anything if it's not God's Will for me. I would actually only be missing out on purpose while partaking in the wrong things.

A good move to make: "I will make my schedule around Your Word." I use to think that meant just time (morning and at night, and some of us throughout the day), but revelation came and corrected me- this also includes the activities I choose to get involved in. Our activities need to be scheduled around the Word. What we do and don't do. How much we take on. What we push aside.

(1 Peter 2:1-12) Rid yourself of all malice and deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander of EVERY kind. And GROW in your salvation. Don't be one of the people who disobey the Message that God destined for all of us!

Abstain from sinful desires. Because do you know what sinful desires are? They are war against your soul. Why would you want to just give them access and power?

And finally do all this to live a good life, so that people see your good deeds and (they) glorify God.

It's not about you. But we have to deal with ourselves and correct ourselves and grow in order to effect others for God's purposes.

Check your self before you wreak yourself (for real!)


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment