Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Under Pressure

I don't know about you, but sometimes I allow this unnecessary pressure to get at me. And because I know I can't disappoint God, it's really about disappointing myself. I don't want to be perfect, I'm not ashamed of my mistakes- but I am someone who would like to move forward, learning from those mistakes. Just get "it" right! Yet, sometimes it feels as if I'm back in the same pool of disappointment I was in years ago. Why is this?

I'll tell you now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my life. Nothing! I am blessed and I would like to thank God for everything in my life. I just aspire to do so much more and as I grow closer to God- my priorities change-it's less about just me and more about the people who surround me... And it sometimes feels like a burden. Not a burden anyone put on me, but that I walked into all on my own accord. And once I'm in something, I like to finish it. That's how God made me and I'm thankful for that. Yet, there are moments... Do you feel me?

Today, I have grabbed onto a scripture that I've read and re-read several times and heard in sermons and said like it was a saying from a fortune cookie. Have faith in God, NEVER doubt- believe (in Jesus' name) that I have received it and it will be mine. Just typing that has rejuvenated my spirit.

I am BELIEVING!!! I love that song by Journey, for the simple fact it calls out "don't stop, believing." Because when I do, that pressure is added. I know when I believe, I'm trusting in my God who is taking care of me. And I can't stop believing because my concerns aren't just for me. I've accepted the responsibility to stand for others whether they know it or not. And I can't believe for them, but I can believe that they soon will start believing in the mercy, grace and love of God soon.

And just think what we as believers can do, when we stand on one accord. That's my dream, that's what I'm looking forward to and no matter what- I will take on the yoke of Jesus, and His light burden (that honestly doesn't always seem so easy and light) because I know it's worth it.

Do you feel under pressure? I hope that this has encouraged you.

Believe!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment