Thursday, July 23, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

Have you seen this movie? ***spoilers ahead***

This Gigi character is so pathetic. So pathetic that her little speech to Alex didn't make me cheer for her. Does pathetic equal hope? I don't think so.

First, what's wrong with us and not wanting to be alone. These movies, these tv shows, these songs-- keep telling you it's not ok to be single. That to be alone is to be a loser.

I ask myself, well I don't have to ask myself. I know I've fallen into this dumb lie. It is a LIE from the enemy. When we are not complete, content and fully satisfied in Jesus, then no one will fill that void.

I write about this subject, not because I believe I'm doing anything right or that I am above anyone; but because I've been a victim of this foolery too many times. This foolish thinking that impacts my thinking and my actions.

I'll share with you, I just (finally) deleted someone from my life. He is at the moment all kinds of wrongs for me. Just has my head in places that it shouldn't be and with what he has been giving me in the past month and a half is basically- that he's just not that into me. :( how sad right?

Well, not really- because what this guy doesn't understand is that I have a relationship with God. I have no ill will towards him and the desire on my heart is to just pray for his soul and God's love and influence over his family. I was tripping for a while, asking God- why did I meet this man? Why did he intrigue me? Because he is not normally what catches my attention- and he didn't really (ha!) But that's a long story. In the end he finally got my attention- and I wanted to know why?

It may not be to have any type of relationship with this guy. Or any other madness my mind can come up with. We can place NO confidence in our flesh. But I'm definitely sure it's to pray for him. Sometimes we get so caught up on "me" that we forget that maybe it has nothing to do with us. That God wants us to do what He has created us to do. And one of those things is pray.

Ok back to the movie...

And then the girl accepting that the man will not marry her after living with her for 7 years, just because he came to help with her father. LORD! How far away from God's values can we move? You can live with me, but you won't marry me. I think playing house is cowardly. Sorry, I said it! And I don't think we should compromise. Look I understand there are circumstances that make living together look good. But when we do, we put in our hands, what should be in God's hands. And that's more than just living together, it's anything that places us right in the pit of temptation
-- ok so in the end, he does ask her to marry him, but seriously guys! Why should it take so much to wake you up? It's not about believing in marriage. Marriage is not God. It's about being able to commit to someone under God, join with them, grow with them, live in purpose with them, like you can never do with anyone else. Honoring God with a partner. I think that's an amazing gift.

I understand being turned off by weddings. They are so ridiculous today. They are all for show. Just like these dumb sweet sixteen parties (but we'll talk about that another time). When it becomes about money and being flashy over the celebration. Then it's wrong. It should be about celebrating. Stress should not be a part of that celebration. And the celebration should last a lifetime. I pray to God that whenever I enter that journey that I don't fall into what this world has created marriage to be, but that my husband and I faithfully stay committed to what God has called it and us to be. And that we remember that communication and prayer are key!

And that's no fantasy to me. With God all things are possible. I believe in what He can and will provide.

Everything follows obedience. <--- definitely a Word for me.

I could talk more about the movie, like the fact that there were no main characters with cultural backgrounds...in Baltimore!!... But I won't.

Good night!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment