Friday, July 24, 2009

The Good News : gifts

Prayer: LORD, You are my support. You rescue me from the known and unknown, because You delight in me. Deal with me according to righteousness. For You are a God who is faithful to the faithful, blameless to the blameless in Christ Jesus, pure to the pure. Your Word is flawless. Please consider everything I am going through and all the issues of my heart and enable Your servant to make bold moves for You. To intake, chew, digest, live and speak Your Word with great boldness. Stretch Your arm to perform miracles only You can perform in my life and the lives of those around me. In Jesus' name. Amen!


www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 26

Jesus Anointed at Bethany v 6- 13

While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste! " they asked. "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."
Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. I tell you the truth, whenever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

I love when Jesus says " I tell you the truth..." as if He would ever lie.

This woman was Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus, who lived in Bethany (John 12:1-3). Just as Mary's gift to Jesus was misunderstood, many people today are criticized for trying to share their special gifts. Judging the amount of your tithe to God. Judging when you go to church. Judging how involved you are in church and what you're involved in. Judging what you do with your time day to day and on the weekends. People love to judge, not having a clue of what God is telling you to do and where to be. Whatever your gift may be, be comforted by the fact that your gifts are acceptable, accepted and appreciated by the LORD when given in love. He understands our motivation; he accepts what we bring.

Mary's gift was hospitality. What kind of hospitality does Jesus receive from your life? Are you so busy planning and running your life that you neglect precious time with Him? Or do you respond to Him by listening and reading His Word, then finding ways to worship Him with your life? It is that kind of hospitality He longs from each of us.


FATHER, HELP US TO GIVE CHEERFULLY AND TO ACCEPT GRACIOUSLY!

--------------------------------------------------------------
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach the Good News to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Notes from Life Application Study Bible & NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Prayer from the Word of God.


Are you receiving anything from the Good News?

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com. "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. And remember we're all still growing." LT


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment